Receive instant notification of HDTV Bulletins:
to receive notification of HDTV Bulletins via email as soon as they are published.
New Pioneer Models Give Consumers the Latest Technologies for the Ultimate Entertainment Experience
Built in Wi-Fi & Bluetooth at $399 and Dolby Atmos at $599
LONG BEACH, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Pioneer Home Entertainment USA continues to provide consumers with an immersive home theater experience by introducing two new Pioneer branded home theater receivers designed to support today’s high quality audio and video formats. The VSX-830 5.2-channel and VSX-1130 7.2-channel receivers offer the latest combination of connectivity and performance features including HDCP 2.2 compliant, HDMI® 2.0 specification for the highest video signal transfer, built-in Wi-Fi®, built-in Bluetooth®, DSD file playback, subwoofer EQ and more. In addition, the VSX-1130 offers Dolby Atmos® (5.1.2) and MCACC Pro refining its Dolby Atmos capabilities.
“We are excited to expand our Dolby Atmos family of products to allow more consumers to enjoy this new immersive home theater experience,” said Roberta Tapp, director of marketing communications, Pioneer Home Entertainment USA. “This year we’re bringing key features such as HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 starting at $399 and Dolby Atmos at $599 making it easier for consumers to integrate these exciting technologies.”
- HDCP 2.2 – HDCP 2.2 is the next advancement in copy protection, ensuring a secure connection between a source and display. Each Pioneer model in the line-up is HDCP 2.2 compliant offering compatibility with current and future 4K content, ensuring that consumers who upgrade their systems will still work with Pioneer’s 2015 products.
- Wi-Fi / Bluetooth Built-in – Incorporating built-in Wi-Fi supporting both the 5GHz and the 2.4GHz bands on the VSX-830 and VSX-1130 enables wireless music streaming from a home network or connected device including Apple’s AirPlay, Pandora®, vTuner® and Spotify. Conveniently, both models let users easily stream music via Bluetooth from devices such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops.
- Dolby Atmos – Launched late in 2014, the amazing effects of Dolby Atmos in 5.1.2 can be experienced in the upper model VSX-1130. Sounds come alive and surround the listener from all directions, including overhead, to fill any home theater with astonishing clarity, power, detail, and depth. Pioneer’s VSX-1130 receiver will be able to decode and play back Dolby Atmos content for consumers to enjoy in their compatible home theaters. Combined with Pioneer’s new line of Dolby Atmos-enabled Elite speakers, users will have access to the ultimate immersive home theater experience without having to install overhead speakers.
- HDMI 2.0 – Pioneer is the first AV manufacturer to incorporate HDMI 2.0 into its line of receivers, bringing the latest advances in consumer entertainment into the home. Version 2.0 of the HDMI specification offers a significant increase in signal bandwidth, now up to 18Gbps. The increased bandwidth provides support for new features such as 4K60p 4:4:4 24-bit color support. The 4:4:4 color support offers viewers the highest quality color reproduction available in content today when images are displayed on compatible 4K televisions screens. The ability to pass through a very high bandwidth signal without downgrading the image means that Pioneer receivers will serve as the perfect entertainment hub.
- Music Enthusiast – Offering a diversified listening experience, the receivers have access to today’s most popular Internet radio music services including Spotify, PANDORA and vTuner. In addition, Pioneer incorporates the seamless connectivity standards of HTC Connect™ that enables wireless high quality music files to be shared between compatible HTC One™ smartphones and Pioneer receivers.
- SABRE™ Premier Audio DAC™ – The VSX-1130 incorporates the ES9006S DAC (192kHz/24-bit) to bring true professional digital audio into the home for unparalleled audio performance. The advanced DAC produces outstanding sound quality with warm, more natural sound reproduction, as well as a linear response resulting in audio with substantially less jitter.
- MCACC Pro – The VSX-1130 includes MCACC Pro fully supporting the surround format of Dolby Atmos (5.1.2) with an acoustic calibration system that precisely compensates for differences in speaker size, distance, and level as well as the room’s layout including ceiling height, and changes equalizer settings for an excellent audio response. MCACC Pro works with both Pioneer’s Dolby Atmos-enabled Elite speakers and in-ceiling speakers. MCACC Pro also features dual subwoofer output as well as 4-band subwoofer EQ for increased sound quality in the low frequency range.
- Advanced MCACC with Subwoofer EQ – Pioneer developed its MCACC technology more than 10 years ago with the help of professional recording studios. Advanced MCACC built into the new models helps create the optimum acoustic environment for movies and music. The VSX-830 uses a setup microphone (included) and a subwoofer EQ to compensate for differences in speaker sizes, output levels, and distances from the user’s listening position automatically.
- 4K Ultra HD 60P Video Up-Scaling – Both VSX-830 and VSX-1130 receivers support the next generation 4K Ultra HD resolution standard to help provide the highest quality video image available, with the ability to pass through 4K video signals of up to 60 frames per second to any HDMI 2.0-equipped 4K display. It can also upscale 1080p/60 signal before delivery to make them suitable on compatible 4K Ultra HD displays.
- Multi-Channel High Resolution Music Playback – Strengthening a commitment to high-resolution music playback beyond two channels, Pioneer added playback support for 192kHz 24-Bit 5.0- and 5.1-channel WAV files (only via USB) and for 96kHz 24-Bit 5.0- and 5.1-channel FLAC files. (up to 48kHz via wireless network). The receivers also support 2-channel high-resolution music files including AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSD (2.8 MHz), DSD (5.6MHz)(VSX-1130 only), Apple Lossless as well as MP3, WMA and AAC, offering broad support for the most common high-resolution music. Gapless playback for many of these file formats is supported as well. In addition, Pioneer’s MCACC room calibration works with high-resolution music playback.
- Start-up Navi – Pioneer created a dedicated app that helps easily set up the AV receivers using an iPod touch®, iPhone®, iPad® or Android device while connected to a home network. The process with the wizard makes network set-up with the receivers smooth and effortless. In conjunction with the Wiring Navi, the Start-up Navi app lets the user do all the initial settings of the receiver.
- iControlAV5 Application – Pioneer developed iControlAV5, a new app enabling wireless control over the features and functionalities of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 line of the receivers from the convenience of various portable digital devices. The app incorporates multiple controls from basic volume adjustments and input selection to advanced features such as equalizer adjustments and management of audio settings and modes. The app is available for free on the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. The app is also available in Google® Play (www.GooglePlay.com) for Android devices.
- AVNavigator Built-In – The VSX-830 and VSX-1130 features AVNavigator built-in, eliminating the need to upload the software to a computer or laptop. Simply connect the receiver to a home network and launch the web browser. AVNavigator features Pioneer’s Wiring Navi application, providing an interactive guide walking the user through the entire receiver setup process including speaker arrangement, sound optimization, connecting sources, MCACC calibration, renaming inputs, and more. AVNavigator also includes an Interactive Operation Guide application (VSX-1130 only) providing a linked two-way operation guide that gives users a way to learn about the receiver’s features (i.e. a push of the standard surround button on the front of the receiver takes the user directly to the portion of the manual that explains the standard surround feature).
The 2015 Pioneer receivers will be available in April with suggested prices of $399 (VSX-830) and $599 (VSX-1130).
Pioneer Home Entertainment USA is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer & Onkyo U.S.A. Corporation, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio and video equipment for the home.
PIONEER, the PIONEER logo, and MCACC are registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
MHL, the MHL Logo, and Mobile High-Definition Link are trademarks or registered trademarks of MHL LLC in the United States and other countries.
HDMI, the HDMI logo and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC.
Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc. SABRE is a registered trademark of ESS Technology, Inc.
Control4 is a registered trademark of Control4 Corporation.
Crestron is a registered trademark of Crestron Electronics, Inc.
Connect is a trademark of Spotify AB.
HTC, the HTC logo, and HTC Connect are trademarks of HTC Corporation.
Dolby and Dolby Atmos are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by PIONEER CORPORATION is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
Apple, AirPlay, iPad, iPhone,iPod, iPod touch and Mac are trademarks of Apple Inc
App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
PANDORA, the PANDORA logo, and the Pandora trade dress are trademarks or registered trademarks of Pandora Media, Inc. Used with permission.
Spotify and the Spotify logo are trademarks of the Spotify Group, registered in the U.S. and other countries.
vTuner is a registered trademark of Nothing Else Matters Software, Ltd.
Posted by Shane Sturgeon, April 2, 2015 1:25 AM
- DVDO Introduces 4x4 Ultra HD Matrix Switcher Designed for Ultimate Flexibility in Residential and Commercial Applications - Shane Sturgeon - Apr 2 2015, 8:55am
- New Pioneer Models Give Consumers the Latest Technologies for the Ultimate Entertainment Experience - Shane Sturgeon - Apr 2 2015, 8:25am
- Sony Announces Price And Availability Of Its New XBR 4K Ultra HD LED TVs - Shane Sturgeon - Apr 8 2013, 1:59am
- Toshiba Unveils Second Generation UltraHD TV Series - Shane Sturgeon - Jan 12 2013, 4:34am
- THX Unveils New 4K Certification Program for Ultra High-Definition Displays - Shane Sturgeon - Jan 12 2013, 2:43am
- Toshiba Unveils 2013 TV Line-Up And PCS At Consumer Electronics Show - Shane Sturgeon - Jan 12 2013, 2:21am
- Sharp Introduces Ultra High-Resolution Displays with the Industry's Thinnest Design - Shane Sturgeon - Jan 11 2013, 6:19am
- Sony develops the World's First and Largest "56-inch 4K OLED TV" Prototype to be exhibited at 2013 International CES - Shane Sturgeon - Jan 11 2013, 6:14am
- Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Announces "Mastered in 4K" Blu-ray Titles Timed with Sony 4K TVs - Shane Sturgeon - Jan 11 2013, 6:08am
- Sony Announces 2013 BRAVIA TVs - Shane Sturgeon - Jan 11 2013, 4:57am
About Shane Sturgeon
Shane Sturgeon is the Co-Publisher and Chief Technologist of HDTV Magazine, an industry publication with HDTV roots going back to 1984, when Dale Cripps founded The HDTV Newsletter. Today, HDTV Magazine is a leading online resource for HDTV news and information and captures the eyes and imaginations of over 3 million visitors annually. Mr. Sturgeon has a background in information technology and has served in various consulting capacities for Fortune 500 companies such as J.P. Morgan Chase, Verizon Communications, Proctor & Gamble and Nationwide Insurance. He has a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from Wright State University.